Alexander and Sarah Campbell were early Corvallis residents.
They purchased the North half of block 38 (Moore and Newhouse addition)
(SW Adams and Washington between SW 7th and 8th) in the early 1890s.
They lived in 2 different house bordering Adams (400 S 7th and 752 Adams)
from about 1900 until 1920. The three identified Geo Campbell sidewalk stamps
(1910,1919) are along Adams Ave. bordering the houses where they lived.
The Campbells had a son George (1882-1957) who was described as a
"cement worker" and lived out town (GT 3/1911). Of the many stamps
in Corvallis sidewalks these are apparently the only ones by
Geo Campbell suggesting he built the sidewalks when he visited his parents.
This probably explains why he only has 3 stamps here.
|Address||760 Southwest Adams Avenue Corvallis OR 97333 USA|
|Address||400 Southwest 7th Street Corvallis OR 97333 USA|
1918 GEO CAMPBELL
|Address||750 Southwest Adams Avenue Corvallis OR 97333 USA|
|Inscription||1918 GEO CAMPBELL|